Who wouldn’t love eating biryani. As many people say, biryani is not just food, but an emotion. India is a country bundled with spices, we use spices for almost all our dishes. It’s high on flavors and it has the perfect balance of the ingredients.
The aroma of the spices along with other ingredients when you’re cooking biryani just ……
(Sigh!!) I think this explain it all….this is sooo me when someone cooks biryani.
So we are here with the Easy Egg Biryani Recipe for the Biryani lovers who are like us, good at eating but lazy to cook them..well, join our club guys..
Let start with the preperation….
Serves 6 people
- 5-6 Eggs
- Salt (depends on your taste❤)
- 3 spoons Ghee or oil (Homemade can make additional taste to Biryani)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Optional)
- 1/2 spoon Black Peppercorns (powdered)
- 4 Green cardamoms (optional)
- 1 Bay leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili Powder (add according to your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (add according to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garam powder
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tomato
- 1/4 cup Curd Or Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Biryani Masala
- Cucumber (For raita)
Step by Step Preperation :
- Boil the eggs for 5 mins (optional: add salt)
- Peel the eggs, let eggs cool before peeling.
- Make a cut in the edge, you can also oil fry the eggs with chicken masala to make it extra tasty.
- Hola!! the eggs are ready, keep it aside and, now its time to prepare the biryani.
Making Egg Biryani:
- Rinse the rice and soak it for 20 Minutes, later drain all the water after 20 minutes
- Take a pot add Ghee heat, add half onion and saute until it is in the color of light brown about 10 minutes
- Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, bay leaves and saute for a minute
- Add red chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, mint, cilantro, biryani masala, tomatoes and yogurt. Mix well. Fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Add the boiled egg and mix well. You can add chicken masala in the cuts in the eggs in order to make extra tasty
- Add rice and water. make sure the calculation is such 1 cup of rice is 1.5 cup of water(depends on the type of rice your using), make sure that most of the rice is submerged under the water
- Close the pressure cooker and wait till 3 natural pressure sound in case of normal rice, and 5 incase of basmati rice.
- Add mint and coriander for garnish
Making of Raita:
- Whisk one cup of curd with salt, one sliced onion, cucumber, green chili and bits of coriander leaves . (You can even add carrot)
Thats it!!! Yummy Biryani is ready to be served….