My most favorite mutton dish is Mutton chukka. To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of non-veg. I ‘d always drive my parents crazy during my childhood by refusing to eat any non-veg foods.
After joining college, I started eating non-veg dishes and mainly because my best friends in college were lovers of non-veg dishes and me being their best friend, its impossible for me to not eat them.
One of my friend from college often used to talk about mutton chukka and listening to the way she talks about it made me want to try them out. So the next time I came home, I asked my mom to prepare it for me. Since that day mutton chukka became my most favorite mutton dish besides mutton biryani.
You can enjoy mutton chukka with Plain steamed rice, Plain biryani, Rasam rice, Roti, Dosa, Paratha, or any other Indian bread. My favorite combination is Rasam rice with Mutton chukka.
- Mutton- 500 grams.
- 20 Small onions (Finely chopped )
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder -1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder-2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- Green chilies -2 chopped
- Black pepper powder-2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 green chilli or red chilli(optional)
- Wash the mutton and cut into small pieces.
- In a pressure cooker add mutton and all the ingredients listed above.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the pressure cooker and pressure cook them for upto 10- 12 whistles(It depends).
- Switch off the stove and wait for the pressure to be released.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Saute red chili( I used )and curry leaves for a minute.
- Transfer the mutton from pressure cooker to the pan.
- Saute till the mutton dries on medium heat.
- Once the mutton dry, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Switch off the stove and serve them.
I know… I really get it… seeing this picture just makes your mouth waters. This is one of the easy and simple mutton recipe to make mutton chukka.
Do try them and give comments..
We also have posted easy way to cook egg biryani, do try it …
Until then its us The Twins, miss us until the next post, love you too.