A family party without cheese balls, can’t be a real party. If you want to prepare something tasty and yummy for a party which will be enjoyed by both children and grown ups then cheese balls is the one. Cheese balls are easy to make and tasty to eat, with cheese in the middle, covered by crispy layer, its the favorite for the kids.
Cheese balls can be served along with sauce, chutney or mayo dip. You can enjoy the cheese balls without dips too.
- 4-5 Medium Size potato
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or paste
- Salt to taste
- Chili Flakes according to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of gram masala (just for flavoring)
- Powdered Black Pepper according to taste (if don’t like the rawness of pepper then you can skip)
- 6 and 1/2 tablespoon of bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves
- Oil for deep fry (oil on your choice)
- A cube of cheese (80 – 100 grms) (Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese would be preferred)
- 2 tablespoon of corn flour
- 2 tablespoon of corn flour or 1 egg
- Cut the whole potatoes into 4 pieces each and boil it with the skin, they should be fully boiled within 3-5 minutes. Make sure the potato is not mushy.
- Let it cool, this will help you to remove the skin easier and mash the potato, make sure there is no lumps formed.
- Now add required amount of salt, chili flakes, powdered black pepper, and 2 Tablespoon of gram masala.
- Mix it well, make sure the mixture is not sticky or too dry. Divide the mixture into 8-9 medium sized balls.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes, make sure that the cubes can be fit into the potato balls.
- Take the potato ball and spread it evenly on your palm ( not too thin, if not the cheese will not be covered properly). Place 1 cheese cube in the middle, now make a ball with cheese in the center.
- Make sure that the cheese is fully sealed by the potato mixture. Let the balls settle for few minutes.
- Now take 2 teaspoon of corn flour powder and add 5-6 teaspoon of water.
- Now take the balls and dip it with corn flour powder water or egg, immediately roll it on bread crumbs, you can also make a double layer of bread crumbs.
- Now set the plate aside for 5-10 minutes
- Add oil to a pan such that the balls are half immersed inside the oil.
- You need to wait till the oil is hot enough for frying which might take 2-3 minutes. Make sure the flame is at medium.
- Gently stir them until it changes crispy brown in color
- Now your most waited Cheese balls are ready to be served.
Now that your cheese balls are ready don’t forget us, we miss you, love you tooo… miss us till the next update.