A body scrub is used to exfoliate the skin. Exfoliating your skin regularly will keep your skin vibrant and radiant. There are number of popular body scrubs that can be bought from the shops but personally I love the homemade one.
In this post I have shared my most favorite homemade must-try body scrubs. These body scrubs can be made using the ingredients available in your kitchen. Exfoliating your skin will boost the health and removes the dead skin cells which makes your skin brighter and softer.
You can use body scrubs once or twice a week. Apply the body scrub on your damp body and rub the scrub gently in a circular motion. Rinse it with lukewarm water and follow up with moisturizing body lotion. Before you use a body scrub, test it on your hand, to make sure it’s suitable for your skin.
Here’s the list….
- Coffee body scrub:
- Coconut oil
Take the required quantity of coffee and coconut oil in equal proportion( if the required amount of coffee is 2 tbsp, then add 2tbsp of coconut oil too) of and mix it well enough to get even consistency. Apply on your body as a scrub and rinse with lukewarm water.
Why coffee body scrub?
- Coffee helps in improving blood circulation.
- The anti-oxidants in coffee gives you youthful and radiant skin.
- Helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and improves skin texture
- Reduces appearance of cellulite.
2. Turmeric Body scrub.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of Vitamin E oil
Add the ingredients to a bowl and mix it well. Apply the scrub on your damp skin and scrub it gently and rinse with lukewarm water.
Why turmeric body scrub?
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that keeps skin free of any infections and body acne.
- Turmeric also has great skin brightening properties.
- Coconut oil moisturize the skin really well.
- Vitamin E oil has skin nourishing properties and it also works as a preservative in the recipe.
3. Brown Sugar body scrub
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Add the ingredients to a bowl and mix it well enough to get the even consistency. You can add a few drops of almond or olive oil( it’s optional). Apply it on your body, scrub gently in circular motion and rinse it with lukewarm water.
Why brown sugar body scrub?
- Brown sugar is a great exfoliator. Remove dead skin cells and hydrates your skin.
- It’s most suitable for people with sensitive skin since brown sugar is a gentle on your skin.
- Brown sugar helps to lighten skin and diminish the scars.
4. Rice and Yogurt body scrub
- One cup of Basmati rice/ long grain rice
- Thick yogurt
- Soak the rice in warm water for 4 hours.
- After four hours, drain the water and spread it on a cloth.
- Once the cloth absorbs the water content, the rice turns dry and soft.
- Using your fist, grind the rice grains.
- Add the thick curd and the broken rice in to bowl, mix it well.
- Apply on the skin as scrub and rub it gently and rinse with lukewarm water.
Why rice and yogurt body scrub?
- This body scrub is good cleanser and exfoliator.
- Removes dead skin cells and makes the skin radiant.
- Makes the skin soft and moisturized.
5. Oatmeal body scrub
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil or Olive oil
- Grind 1 cup of oatmeal and make them fine powder
- Add the ground oatmeal, brown sugar and coconut oil to a bowl. Mix well.
- Apply on the body, rub gently and rinse with lukewarm water.
Why oatmeal body scrub?
- Oatmeal helps in cleansing the skin and removing the excess oil and dirt.
- It hydrates the skin good.
- Oatmeal helps in normalizing the pH value of skin and soothe the skin.
Do try these homemade body scrub ….Comment your favorite body scrub…Love you guys…Go!Go! Body Love…
We do have a list of face packs and other beauty tips Do click the link below to find out the list on the types your favourite fruits and according to your skin type