Buenos dias(Happy morning)…here is the recipe to the tasty onion tomato chutney. This chutney is the simple and easy one to make. You are in a rush, don’t have much time to prepare a breakfast, no worries, every kitchen will have tomatoes and onions, you prepare this chutney in 5 minutes and enjoy a hearty breakfast with dosa and chutney. This chutney will go with idli, appam and rice too. Easy to prepare and tasty to eat.
Let me give you a tip…I hate chopping onions, they make me tear up. I take more time to chop onions than make a chutney, trust me. If you are like me then this secret tip will help you in chopping a onion without tearing up. Chilling the onion before you cut it is the best way to prevent your eyes from sweating (actually it’s more like crying). So, let the onion rest in cold water for few minutes before chopping it. My mom being my Knight in a shining armor helped me out by giving me this tip. Now, chopping a onion is not a big deal for me.
Servings for 3-4 persons.
- 3 medium Onion
- 2 medium tomato
- 2 red chili or 2 teaspoon of red chili flakes (according to your taste)
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt (according to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds (for garnishing)
- Few curry leaves (for garnishing)
- Take one spoon of oil pour it in a pan and wait till it heats .
- Now add the chopped onions in the pan, fry it until the onion turns golden brown in color and you can add a pinch of salt if you want.
- Add the chopped tomato in the pan wait for a minute, now add salt, chili powder and turmeric powder wait till the rawness of the turmeric powder fades away.
- Now let the mixture cool down and blend it in a mixture, you can a little bit of water.
- For garnishing take one tablespoon of oil in the pan wait till the oil is heated, now add the mustard seeds wait till they are fried. You can also add curry leaves while frying. Once the sound stops the seeds are fried. Pour the garnishing the mixture and serve
Voila! the onion tomato Chutney is ready.. enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Now before we end it lets discuss about the benefits of including onion in our meal, onion is know for it’s antibacterial properties that helps in promoting the digestive health, it has cancer fighting components and also helps in reducing blood pressure.
Love you all, miss us until next post… XOXO.