This is easy recipe for making mutton biryani with pressure cooker. The mutton is cooked first and then the rice is added to it. You can use basmati/ seeraga sambha rice.
Biryani is a dish that no one can resist. It’s an ideal dish for any dinner party. Mutton biryani is my family’s sunday special. You can have biryani with raita or mutton gravy.
- 500 g Mutton
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star anise
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 3 Cloves
- Onion (1 large)
- Tomato (1 tomato)
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/4 cup Curd
- coriander and Mint leaves
- 2 cups Seeraga samba rice/ Basmati rice
- 3 cups Water
- Salt to Taste
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure pan. Once the oil is hot add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom and cloves. Then add sliced onion and saute it until the onions are golden.
- Then add the fennel seeds, Ginger Garlic paste, green chilies, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder and red chili powder, then add finely chopped tomato, saute them for 2 minutes.
- Then add mutton and salt to taste and cook for few minutes till it get mixed well with the masala. Add 1/4 cup of curd, some coriander and mint leaves. Mix it well.
- Add 3 cups of water and close the pressure pan. After 4-5 whistles, switch off the stove and wait for the pressure to subside.
- Open the lid of pressure pan, switch on the flame. Then add the rice( wash and soak seeraga samba rice for 20 minutes).
- Add salt but remember we have already added salt to the mutton, so add accordingly. Close the pressure pan. After 1 whistle, reduce the flame to simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the flame and the mutton biryani is ready to be served.
Do try out our mutton biryani which is made out love and affection from us😘. Love us until our next update.